Subject: Re: bug#4140: 23.1.50; Fail to CC with `Message MML'
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:02:15 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Robert J. Chassell wrote:

> In yesterday's CVS Emacs, with `emacs -Q -D', I failed to CC to
> [email-masked] with `Message MML' in the mode line
> although a post succeeded that was sent via fp.gnu.org, which had
> Emacs 22 on it.  (The system administrators may have updated it to 23
> this morning; that is when Debian testing had the released Emacs 23).
> The Emacs 22 I sent the successful email on said `Mail' in the mode
> line.
>
> I may have something wrong in my /var/mail/ directory, but I have not
> changed it for a very long time; certainly, I have not changed it
> since Emacs 22.

What I think you are saying is that you tried to send a message after
the default value of mail-user-agent changed from sendmail-user-agent to
message-user-agent (this is what the "Message MML" in the mode line
means, it did change around the time you sent your report) and somehow
the CC piece did not work.

Sorry, but there is not enough information here to enable us to do
anything. If you can reproduce this problem, please reply with as much
detail as you can and we can reopen this bug if needed. Otherwise
there's nothing we can do.