Subject: Xfce panel, exo-open: launching applications not working
From: Jan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 01:36:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

while clicking on icons on Xfce panel, it fails to launch applications
and throws "Couldn't run
command /gnu/store/*hash*-exo-0.12.6/bin/exo-open --launch *Application
name* %u There's no such file or directory".
I thought I reported the issue somewhere, but my memory tricked me and
I confused the issue with the "gio-launch-desktop" bug, which was
recently resolved. If this can be resolved by a simple wrapper, unlike
the "gio-launch-desktop" bug, I can try fixing it.

By the way, the issue is present for like 7 months already. It seems
something failed during making the 1.1.0 release and Guix as a
distribution needs better procedures for handling the release process
to avoid such bugs in the future. A checklist would be good. Maybe
making a "Tests" page in the manual, something with the ability to 
modify the status of test:
* panel: works
* setting wallpaper: unknown/not tested yet
etc.

Jan Wielkiewicz