Subject: 28.0.50; (dired-toggle-marks) not working after copy
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 18:01:51 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have observed that after the copy of files from one window to another,
the `t' for (dired-toggle-marks) is not working in that other window,
where files are copied.

If I kill the window, and enter into the directory again, than `t' for
(dired-toggle-marks) starts working again.

However, it is a bug.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-04-23 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 7b15cc3ebb45e50ac5faf3bbc2a813afffdaa418
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11907000
System Description: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre

Recent messages:
Copy: 3 files done
Quit
Making completion list...
Quit
<s-down> is undefined
Mark set [2 times]
Quit
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
<s-up> is undefined
Mark set

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs-2020-04-23 --with-modules
 --without-gpm --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr help-fns radix-tree help-mode emacsbug
message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired
dired-loaddefs tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 51342 8472)
 (symbols 48 6377 1)
 (strings 32 17879 1682)
 (string-bytes 1 572018)
 (vectors 16 10849)
 (vector-slots 8 141765 12582)
 (floats 8 30 128)
 (intervals 56 609 0)
 (buffers 992 17))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis