Subject: [PATCH] services: For sddm pam service include limits.conf.
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 15:08:32 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,
This fixes bug #37380 for SDDM users.

Today I was setting up my system following [0] to use realtime 
scheduling with JACK and SuperCollider. After a lot of failures and a 
lot of help on IRC from rekado I found out that it wasn't me it was just 
a bug.

The bug is the same as [1] and my solution is the same as [2] but for 
SDDM. I tested my patch with the attached system configuration 
(shamelessly copied from [3]).

Thanks,

Giacomo

[0]: 
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Base-Services.html#index-realtime
[1]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37380
[2]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/37405
[3]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-09/msg00065.html

From 258238606d0053c7e3df28bd57e931644d8b89f6 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Giacomo Leidi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 16:58:24 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] services: For "sddm" pam service, include "limits.conf".

* gnu/services/base.scm (pam-limits-service-type): For "sddm" pam
service, include "limits.conf".
---
 gnu/services/base.scm | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/services/base.scm b/gnu/services/base.scm
index 0f119cc2f9..a031ccc04b 100644
--- a/gnu/services/base.scm
+++ b/gnu/services/base.scm
@@ -1379,7 +1379,7 @@ information on the configuration file syntax."
                               (module "pam_limits.so")
                               (arguments '("conf=/etc/security/limits.conf")))))
              (if (member (pam-service-name pam)
-                         '("login" "su" "slim" "gdm-password"))
+                         '("login" "su" "slim" "gdm-password" "sddm"))
                  (pam-service
                   (inherit pam)
                   (session (cons pam-limits
-- 
2.26.2