Subject: Re: [bug#40983] [PATCH] gnu: Add font-api-mj-mincho
From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 17:56:06 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Le Thu, 30 Apr 2020 18:30:37 +0200,
Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> Hi,
> 
> This patch adds a Japanese font (I recently learned about hentaigana,
> and wasn't able to display them, this font solved the issue for me).
> The only problem with this package is the license: it sounds like a
> free software license to me, but it's not one of the standard ones.
> 
> The license is available in Japanese and English in the same file in
> the source, and also at the bottom of the home page (you have to click
> on "English" to see the English version).
> 
> I tried to translate the first sentence of the home page to English,
> but my Japanese is limited and I wasn't able to make much sense of the
> grammar construction:
> 
> IPAmj明朝フォントは、人名の表記等で、細かな字形の差異を特別に使い分ける必要のある業務等での活用を想定したフォントです。
> 
> If someone can do better (or maybe some other part of the website
> gives a better description?), I'd be glad to use their version!

Pushed as 3c102716d0926602330d3cf616ec9dd0640b7c81.

The license was the IPA license, which is already listed in (guix
licenses).