Subject: Re: bug#40323: 28.0.50; error in process filter: Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)
From: Jacob Lagares Pozo <[email-masked]>
To: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:16:25 +0200

Hello Noam (and everyone else),

Thanks for your quick response.

The patch you provided does indeed seem to fix the issue, or at least it 
hasn't happened for the time I tested it (I can verify various processes 
were running and outputting things to the async buffer).

I do not have any idea as to why did those markers get swapped around. 
Is there any specific place that deals with them that I could check? 
Could this be a bug with comint mode, maybe clashing with another package?

This is my list of installed packages, directly from package-list-packages:

|  atom-dark-theme    20181022.1602 installed             An Emacs port 
of the Atom Dark theme from Atom.io.
   atom-one-dark-theme 20190705.554  installed             Atom One Dark 
color theme
   avy                20200311.1106 installed             Jump to 
arbitrary positions in visible text and select text quickly.
   cmake-ide          20190731.1009 installed             Calls CMake to 
find out include paths and other compiler flags
   cmake-mode         20190710.1319 installed major-mode for editing 
CMake sources
   company-quickhelp  20180525.1003 installed             Popup 
documentation for completion candidates
   company-rtags      20191222.920  installed             RTags back-end 
for company
   dockerfile-mode    20200106.2126 installed             Major mode for 
editing Docker's Dockerfiles
   elpy               20200326.2207 installed             Emacs Python 
Development Environment
   exwm               0.23          installed             Emacs X Window 
Manager
   glsl-mode          20191017.2148 installed             major mode for 
Open GLSL shader files
   gruvbox-theme      20200307.1522 installed             A retro-groove 
colour theme for Emacs
   helm               20200325.757  installed             Helm is an 
Emacs incremental and narrowing framework
   key-chord          20160227.1238 installed             map pairs of 
simultaneously pressed keys to commands
   powerline          20200105.2053 installed             Rewrite of 
Powerline
   smartparens        20200324.2147 installed             Automatic 
insertion, wrapping and paredit-like navigation with user defined pairs.
   sudo-edit          20180731.1908 installed             Open files as 
another user
   swiper             20200319.1334 installed             Isearch with 
an overview. Oh, man!
   zerodark-theme     20190528.923  installed             A dark, medium 
contrast theme for Emacs
|

If needed I can post (potentially) relevant fragments of my 
configuration files.

Kind regards,

Jacob