Subject: Re: bug#40262: R: server certificate verification failed.
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 23:39:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Error in open.connection(con, "rb") :
>   server certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none

This is due to a change in r-curl.  We patched it to respect the
CURL_CA_BUNDLE environment variable, not just when it’s used on Windows.
The code has changed since we developed the patch.  Now the
CURLOPT_CAINFO option is only set (in
curl/src/handle.c:set_handle_defaults) when _WIN32 is defined and when
tlsinfo->backend == CURLSSLBACKEND_OPENSSL.  Neither of these cases
apply for Guix.

I’ve adjusted the patch in r-curl.

Thank you for the report!

--
Ricardo