Subject: Re: [bug#40259] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-evil-tmux-navigator
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: John Soo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 09:11:48 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

John Soo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix,
>
> I realized my last patch was based on previous work.
>
> I cherry-picked this one onto master.

Hi John,

Thanks for the patch. I've now pushed this as
1d5c93d9f8a13588695490db6516b40f54e91fa2.

I made a few changes, I move the package up from the bottom of the
file. I'd always recommend not adding new packages at the bottom of the
module files, as if everyone does this, it becomes harder to apply
patches because there are more conflicts. In this case, I think this
patch ended up conflicting with your addition of emacs-haskell-snippets,
also to the bottom of the emacs-xyz.scm file.

I also tweaked emacs-evil to be a propagated input, just because that
looked to be what the existing emacs-evil-... packages do, and I tweaked
the description to start with "This package lets you " so it reads as a
complete sentance.

Thanks again,

Chris