Subject: Using cross compiled .go from amd64 to powerpc64 segfaults
From: dftxbs3e <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 02:07:12 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

I built GNU Guix's `bootstrap-tarballs` package which includes Guile 2.2
with `guix build --target=powerpc64-linux-gnu bootstrap-tarballs` and
when I run that compiled Guile on powerpc64, it crashes.

I tried replacing the .go files with natively built ones and it works,
with the same cross compiled copy of the GNU Guile binaries.

I used this GNU Guix's tree:

https://gitlab.com/lle-bout/guix - commit
f47e761a10675b05b07107035d5024618267a3ad

And bootstrap binaries are:

https://gitlab.com/lle-bout/guix-bootstrap/-/commit/8e464405c0ba76b29e11c3b60af4d6ea9c83c188

After that copy of GNU Guix is built, to experience the crash you can
run on a powerpc64 machine:

./pre-inst-env guix build hello

And it will try to run the bootstrap GNU Guile after some time and segfault.

Let me know if I can help in any way with this!