Subject: guix pull failing on aarch64
From: shtwzrd <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 00:51:18 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey there,

I've noticed that guix pull has started to hang consistently when building guix-system.drv, 55% of the way through.

I've narrowed the breakage down to this specific commit:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=8234fe653e61d0090138cbd4c48d877568355439

So it appears to be a side effect of the move from guile 2 to guile 3?

Here's the output of guix pull --debug=2
--

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git 8234fe6
Computing Guix derivation for 'aarch64-linux'... \
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/sl3qrdgf2xpb1fih5fjmc2sqssamyqb2-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/pl4qs7i5fn993kwk067hslxa876379gg-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/yavr7yp5qj142h4vjhjy6p2a66j09gsa-guix-8234fe653.drv
   /gnu/store/27j6f5bhygf0991mr8v17xx6qrpi3d8v-guix-daemon.drv
   /gnu/store/bjhxlz6ffvdhk7h1396qnz7cz5556rn3-guix-command.drv
   /gnu/store/5lvlhhgnmh65ci2c2z58dq26n4l26f05-guix-module-union.drv
   /gnu/store/9s93hj38x4x47ssmp743bymx5s84fx4k-guix-8234fe653-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/3kyk5hnkqj7yajl9n41g3ykwyw6jg58y-guix-cli-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/g8q6lv4mb548976a85shzfq6fj21lcm9-guix-cli.drv
   /gnu/store/mb32kmp1xkwdnpdnsl0j80c96iyp6hbx-guix-system.drv
   /gnu/store/9kmf6vlxax21jxccpv3m337czrsgs5la-guix-system-tests-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/6j1gig9p38bkk46lnr0ndgmjc2li7ij7-guix-system-tests.drv
   /gnu/store/vhiswqck3sq2fzy8wbl29m6wwsnmx2a9-guix-system-modules.drv
   /gnu/store/yvd6m5kmzccr5liwfz3r8wc6ax13zs4w-inferior-script.scm.drv
The following profile hooks will be built:
   /gnu/store/6lyi8ljzy2bjra3gfbg2iqpyfni468ly-guix-package-cache.drv
   /gnu/store/dfinz9wv0fcayq09qhrnzna4bzni694g-fonts-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/q166nphssmb4bhi348c0ml09r72agzqv-manual-database.drv
   /gnu/store/w9r4rkq7r7xkjq3iz20pxydngjxh794m-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/x4z5z1r2pg53wfc2ggjz6inhrkq171v0-info-dir.drv
building path(s) `/gnu/store/mw5nqp9nnsvg8jrvq12mznk4c8a8sfhd-guix-system'
|   @ build-started /gnu/store/mb32kmp1xkwdnpdnsl0j80c96iyp6hbx-guix-system.drv - aarch64-linux /var/log/guix/drvs/mb//32kmp1xkwdnpdnsl0j80c96iyp6hbx-guix-system.drv.bz2 3275
Backtrace:
          19 (primitive-load "/home/rock/.config/guix/current/bin/guix")
In guix/ui.scm:
  1813:12 18 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    829:9 17 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7fa52ed430 at guix/ui.scm:657:2 (key c)> _)
    829:9 16 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7fa52ed448 at guix/ui.scm:780:6 (key pr?> ?)
    829:9 15 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7fa2d34e38 at guix/scripts/pull.scm:832?> ?)
In guix/store.scm:
   625:10 14 (call-with-store _)
In guix/status.scm:
    768:4 13 (call-with-status-report _ _)
In guix/scripts/pull.scm:
   872:24 12 (_)
In guix/build/syscalls.scm:
   1145:4 11 (call-with-file-lock/no-wait _ _ _)
In guix/store.scm:
  1848:24 10 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 2290f960> _ # _ # _ # _)
In guix/scripts/pull.scm:
    440:4  9 (_ _)
In guix/store.scm:
  1736:38  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 249db240>)
In guix/scripts/package.scm:
   161:13  7 (build-and-use-profile #<store-connection 256.99 249db240> "/v?" ?)
In guix/store.scm:
  1224:15  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 249db240> _ _)
   720:13  5 (process-stderr _ _)
In unknown file:
           4 (display "@ build-log 3275 40\n\r[  0/154] loading...\t  0.0% ?" ?)
In guix/status.scm:
   713:19  3 (write! _ _ _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  2 (fold #<procedure 220ed200 at guix/status.scm:603:2 (event sta?> ?)
In guix/status.scm:
   604:15  1 (_ (build-log 3275 "\r[  0/154] loading...\t  0.0% of 77 fil?") #)
   180:23  0 (update-build #<<build-status> building: () downloading: () bu?> ?)

guix/status.scm:180:23: In procedure update-build:
In procedure struct_vtable: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting struct): #f