Subject: Re: bug#39266: Finalization thread hits wrong-type-arg on weak vector (AArch64)
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 18:25:55 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Pierre,

Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I've tested it on AArch64 and it's looking good, I'm running Guile 3
> finally! I've tested by running 'guix pull --branch=wip-guile-3.0.1' on
> a rockpro64 running the Guix system, I've then reconfigured and rebooted
> and it's all good.

Thanks for testing!

> Thanks so much for the fix! Hopefully it'll work on every platform and
> that can be the end of it :-).

Yup, I’ve tested ‘guix pull --branch=wip-guile-3.0.1’ and ‘guix build
guile3.0-guix’ on all 4 architectures that Guix supports, and everything
is fine.

I’ve now pushed the upgrade to 3.0.1 + patch to Guix.

Closing!  \o/

The bug appears to be rare for Guile workloads not as intensive as a
Guix build (never reported, never seen), but we should still probably do
a bug-fix 3.0.2 release in the coming weeks, I guess.

Ludo’.