Subject: 26.3; emacs manual
From: Lukas Jenks <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 18:02:35 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It seems that the emacs manual is missing an index entry for "#"
pointing to the Auto Save Files node. That is, executing "i #" while
browsing the emacs manual does not return the Auto Save Files node in
the results.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.10)
of 2019-08-29 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12007000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt'
CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
global-company-mode: t
company-mode: t
global-flycheck-mode: t
flycheck-mode: t
org-bullets-mode: t
tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
tabbar-mode: t
global-whitespace-mode: t
xterm-mouse-mode: t
global-hl-line-mode: t
global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
display-time-mode: t
electric-pair-mode: t
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/lukas/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.24/slime-tests 
hides /home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20190915.905/slime-tests
/home/lukas/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.24/slime hides 
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20190915.905/slime
/home/lukas/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.24/slime-autoloads 
hides /home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20190915.905/slime-autoloads
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-lisp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-mhe hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-screen hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-table hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-table
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-ditaa hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-bbdb hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-feed hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-coq hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-coq
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-lua hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lua
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-clojure hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-mscgen hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-id hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-id
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-css hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-dot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-w3m hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-plantuml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-gnus hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-timer hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-ruby hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-colview hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-abc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-abc
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-java hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-latex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-latex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-plot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-exp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-sqlite hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-faces hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-lilypond hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-ref hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-html hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-macs hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-stan hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-stan
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-asymptote hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-python hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-install hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-install
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-io hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-duration hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-duration
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-forth hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-forth
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-element hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-element
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-crypt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-C hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-calc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-ledger hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-lob hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-tangle hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-sql hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-scheme hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-loaddefs hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-rmail hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-R hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-shell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-shell
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-ocaml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-vala hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-vala
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-entities hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-lint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-lint
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-comint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-info hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-info
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-datetree hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-hledger hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-hledger
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-table hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-list hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-list
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-gnuplot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-mouse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-compat hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-indent hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-core hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-agenda hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-docview hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-habit hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-sass hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-texinfo hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-haskell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-eww hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-eww
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-groovy hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-groovy
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-keys hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-publish hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-bibtex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-eval hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-attach hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-man hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-octave hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-makefile hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-perl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-capture hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-emacs-lisp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-src hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-src
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-picolisp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-J hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-J
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-processing hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-processing
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-sed hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-sed
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-footnote hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-clock hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-macro hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-maxima hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-eshell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-icalendar hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-fortran hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-shen hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-js hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-beamer hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-md hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-awk hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-matlab hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-ascii hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-inlinetask hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-mobile hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-ctags hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ox-odt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-archive hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-pcomplete hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-irc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-protocol hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/ob-ebnf hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/ob-ebnf
/home/lukas/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20190916/org-version hides 
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/org/org-version

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company
pcase doom-one-theme doom-themes doom-themes-base flycheck json map rx
subr-x dash org-bullets slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
hideshow rainbow-delimiters lisp-mnt gud apropos compile etags xref
project arc-mode archive-mode pp hyperspec thingatpt browse-url cl
neotree powerline powerline-separators color powerline-themes edmacro
kmacro tabbar disp-table whitespace xt-mouse hl-line
display-line-numbers cus-edit cus-start cus-load use-package-ensure
use-package-core time finder-inf slime-autoloads info package
url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs url-vars elec-pair cl-extra help-mode vc-git diff-mode
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls
utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc
puny seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit org-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode dired dired-loaddefs org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m
org-element cl-seq avl-tree generator org advice org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 563350 58131)
(symbols 48 48728 16)
(miscs 40 430 282)
(strings 32 148509 6522)
(string-bytes 1 4187979)
(vectors 16 44581)
(vector-slots 8 871618 21318)
(floats 8 568 435)
(intervals 56 2154 644)
(buffers 992 14))