Subject: Re: [bug#38160] GNOME Keyring service
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 18:02:11 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Leo,

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 9ac5f99a65f0599a3210443305042155f9b06e39 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 16:14:45 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add GNOME Keyring service
>
> * gnu/services/desktop.scm: (<gnome-keyring-configuration>): New record type.
> (gnome-keyring-service-type): New service type.
> * doc/guix.texi: Document it.

Nice!  Applied with the minor doc changes below.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index 51948dc0f7..712f814cdc 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -15755,7 +15755,8 @@ Users need to be in the @code{lp} group to access the D-Bus service.
 
 @defvr {Scheme Variable} gnome-keyring-service-type
 This is the type of the service that adds the
-@uref{https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeKeyring, GNOME Keyring}.  Its value is a @code{gnome-keyring-configuration} object (see below.)
+@uref{https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeKeyring, GNOME Keyring}.  Its
+value is a @code{gnome-keyring-configuration} object (see below.)
 
 This service adds the @code{gnome-keyring} package to the system profile
 and extends PAM with entries using @code{pam_gnome_keyring.so}, unlocking
@@ -15768,14 +15769,18 @@ Configuration record for the GNOME Keyring service.
 @table @asis
 @item @code{keyring} (default: @code{gnome-keyring})
 The GNOME keyring package to use.
+
 @item @code{pam-services}
-An alist (SERVICE . KIND) of PAM services to extend.  SERVICE is the name
-of an existing service to extend and KIND is one of @code{login} or
-@code{passwd}.  If @code{login} is given, it adds an optional
+A list of @code{(@var{service} . @var{kind})} pairs denoting PAM
+services to extend, where @var{service} is the name of an existing
+service to extend and @var{kind} is one of @code{login} or
+@code{passwd}.
+
+If @code{login} is given, it adds an optional
 @code{pam_gnome_keyring.so} to the auth block without arguments and to
-the session block with @code{auto_start}.
-If @code{passwd} is given, it adds an optional @code{pam_gnome_keyring.so}
-to the password block without arguments.
+the session block with @code{auto_start}.  If @code{passwd} is given, it
+adds an optional @code{pam_gnome_keyring.so} to the password block
+without arguments.
 
 By default, this field contains ``gdm-password'' with the value @code{login}
 and ``passwd'' is with the value @code{passwd}.