Subject: Guix packages old/broken version of qutebrowser
From: Florian Bruhin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 11:05:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm the upstream author of qutebrowser - it looks like Guix currently packages
qutebrowser 0.11.0: https://guix.gnu.org/packages/qutebrowser-0.11.0/

That version is very outdated (July 2017, there have been 28 new releases since
then). It has various known security issues, but currently it just crashes
outright, because such an old version isn't compatible with Qt 5.11 which is
packaged in Guix.

That results in me getting crash reports around once per week - at this point,
it'd probably be better to not package qutebrowser at all, seeing that nobody
seems to maintain that package for a long time now.

Florian

-- 
https://www.qutebrowser.org | [email-masked] (Mail/XMPP)
   GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | https://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
         I love long mails! | https://email.is-not-s.ms/