Subject: Re: bug#37954: 27.0.50; No Tramp completion if completion-styles doesn't include basic, emacs22, or emacs21
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:33:26 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.2

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Adding that to the doc string of `completion-styles' sounds OK to me,
>>> but perhaps Michael has some comments about why/whether this is
>>> necessary; added to the CCs.
>>
>> Honestly, I have no idea about  completion styles.
>
> OK; I've now added a note to the doc string in emacs-28, but I'm leaving
> this bug report open, since the underlying problem should be fixed (as
> sketched by Stefan in the URL in the bug report).

Tramp's file name completion functions have been reworked to support now
all completion-styles but initials and shorthand. This is pushed to
master, it will also appear with Tramp 2.6.0.2 on GNU ELPA.

Closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.