Subject: 27.0.50; Org-mode: org-capture and final newline
From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 18:00:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

this happens quite often to me and scrambles my todo.org:

I want to capture an APPT with `org-capture'.  I the pop-up buffer to
edit the item I move the date to the second line and add text after the
date (personal preference).  That loses the final newline in
CAPTURE-todo.org.  As a result, the headline of the item following the
item to be inserted gets appended to the last line of the text:

** APPT Abc
   <2019-10-23 Mi>
text... ** APPT 8:30 Important Appointment

breaking the whole item.  The user should somehow be prevented from that
happening.

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 27, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.12)
 of 2019-10-23 built on drachen
Repository revision: 39ba44f18445c7759de5ac91ce25e53123c2abeb
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid