Subject: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: easytag: Fix mp3 support.
From: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Pierre Langlois <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 22:25:31 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

EasyTag hasn't been working for mp3 files and I couldn't work out why for a
long time. I've finally got around to looking into it properly and it turns
the hack with the temporary .pc file I added back then didn't work because
it's missing some fields.

With that fixed though, EasyTag warns you with a popup that id3lib is buggy
and needs patching. It's something about UTF16 being broken:
https://sourceforge.net/p/id3lib/patches/64/, I checked, ArchLinux also
applies the same patch.

WDYT?

Pierre Langlois (2):
  gnu: id3lib: Apply patch for UTF16 writing bug.
  gnu: easytag: Fix mp3 support.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 gnu/packages/mp3.scm                          |  5 ++-
 gnu/packages/music.scm                        | 12 ++++--
 .../patches/id3lib-UTF16-writing-bug.patch    | 39 +++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 52 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/id3lib-UTF16-writing-bug.patch

--
2.23.0