Subject: Quitting from the frame/window menu inverts my mode-line colors
From: "Kevin J. McCarthy" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 15:15:43 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.4)

         Hyperbole:   7.0.6
         Sys Type:    x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
         OS Type:     gnu/linux
         Window Sys:  x
         News Reader: Gnus v5.13

I use the color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow theme, with a custom modeline 
color for the active window:
  (custom-set-faces
    ...
    '(mode-line ((t (:background "dark cyan" :foreground "#c5c8c6" :weight normal))))
    ...)

Also, I use the exwm window manager, in case it is relevant.

When I enter the HyControl windows or frame menu via C-h hsf or C-h hsw 
then quit out via "q", my modeline colors for the active window are 
inverted.  If I reenter the windows or frame menu and quit again, they 
are set back to normal.

Thank you.

-Kevin