Subject: epiphany and next broken after webkitgtk upgrade to 2.26.1
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 14:51:52 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Both next and epiphany are very broken for me after the upgrade to
webkitgtk to 2.26.1.

I first noticed when running core-updates, but then also tested on
master (de3896fb79984d545e7fec0b5e4f1ba37983fbce) with the same result.

$ guix describe
Generation 240  Sep 27 2019 20:47:30    (current)
  guix 60643d1
    repository URL: file:///home/vagrant/src/guix
    commit: 60643d1b1930c54789c8262ae68457fe0c85fae0
$ guix package -I epiphany
epiphany        3.30.4  out
/gnu/store/vc6caa4n1jkqkvzjg03d9j5m93k8g6g0-epiphany-3.30.4
$ epiphany

** (epiphany:16759): WARNING **: 21:18:10.796:
   webkit_web_context_set_web_process_count_limit is deprecated and d
wpe_loader_init could not load the library 'libWPEBackend-fdo-1.0.so':
   libWPEBackend-fdo-1.0.so: cannot open shar
wpe: could not load the impl library. Is there any backend installed?:
   libWPEBackend-default.so: cannot open shar
Aborted

I don't have a capture of the "next" browser output handy, but it wasn't
working either.

I also tried building without grafts, just in case, but no difference.

Reverting the following commit causes both browsers to work again.

commit 689b44bc3fe50de86c8c8b8c2ac503b2e82d7975
Author: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Sep 26 16:40:45 2019 +0200

    gnu: WebKitGTK: Update to 2.26.1.

    * gnu/packages/webkit.scm (webkitgtk-2.24): Rename to ...
    (webkitgtk-2.26): ... this.  Update to 2.26.1.
    [inputs]: Add BUBBLEWRAP, LIBSECCOMP, LIBWPE, WPEBACKEND-FDO, and
    XDG-DBUS-PROXY.
    * gnu/packages/gnome.scm (eolie, epiphany)[inputs]: Adjust for
    changed
    variable name.
    * gnu/packages/web-browsers.scm (next-gtk-webkit)[inputs]: Likewise.

Maybe libwpe and/or wpebackend-fdo aren't added in (all) the correct
place(s)?

live well,
  vagrant