Subject: 12.1.2; PDF Tools should be in TeX-view-program-list-builtin for all system-types
From: Omar Antolín Camarena <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 20:09:26 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I just noticed that the entry in TeX-view-program-list-builtin for pdf-tools, namely ("PDF Tools" TeX-pdf-tools-sync-view), is only put there when system-type is neither windows-nt nor darwin. I guess this means it is only placed on the list for people using GNU/Linux or Open BSD, etc.

But pdf-tools runs well on Windows 10 (I use it there), and I believe it also runs on mac os, so I'd prefer if the entry be present on all OSes.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-05-29
Package: 12.1.2

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2019-02-08"
 window-system 'w32
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("~/.emacs.d/auctex"
                  "c:/Users/Omar/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.2/style"
                  "c:/Users/Omar/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
                  "c:/Users/Omar/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")
 TeX-auto-save nil
 TeX-parse-self nil
 TeX-master t
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX"
                     "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %`%(extraopts) %S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run plain TeX")
                    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %T" TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
                    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile nil
                     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"
                     TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                    ("AmSTeX" "amstex %(PDFout) %`%(extraopts) %S%(mode)%' %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                    ("ConTeXt"
                     "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
                    ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help
                     "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help
                     "Run BibTeX")
                    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")
                    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help
                     "Run Viewer")
                    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
                    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
                     "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
                    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t t :help
                     "Generate PostScript file")
                    ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil t :help
                     "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
                    ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx %d" TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil t :help
                     "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")
                    ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil t :help
                     "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
                    ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %s" TeX-run-command nil t
                     :help "Run makeglossaries to create glossary file")
                    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-index nil t :help
                     "Run makeindex to create index file")
                    ("upMendex" "upmendex %s" TeX-run-index t t :help
                     "Run upmendex to create index file")
                    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
                     "Run xindy to create index file")
                    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
                     :help "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
                     :help "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil
                     t :help "Spell-check the document")
                    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate files")
                    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help
                     "Run an arbitrary command")
                    )
 )