Subject: Re: bug#36603: [PATCH] Simplify calling convention of describe_map
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 19:44:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Actually, maybe the patch is wrong (i.e., over-simplifying), because it
>> has describe_map start with a fresh seen pointer each time; but the
>> current code passes the same pointer to each describe_map call in a
>> loop.
>
> Thanks for that feedback.  I'll take another look and get back to you.

I think your analysis is correct Noam, and I'm working on a different
approach here, although this project is has been put on the
back-burner for now.  I'll get back into it once I can finish up some
other things first.

Thanks for taking the time to review this.  Closing this bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas