Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Improve 'guix search' relevance and display
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 10:43:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

This improves ‘guix search’ in two ways:

  1. The relevance score now excludes things that do not match *all*
     the regexps.  So ‘guix search go game’ returns 28 results instead
     of 1,245 and the first one is ‘gnugo’; ‘guix search ssh client’
     returns 14 results instead of 510; ‘guix search guile crypto’
     returns just ‘guile-gcrypt’ instead of 279 results.

  2. ‘guix search’ and ‘guix system search’ now write at most a full
     screen of results.  You can pipe through a pager to view all the
     results.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  ui: 'relevance' considers regexps connected with a logical and.
  syscalls: Add 'terminal-rows'.
  ui: Add 'display-search-results' and use it.

 guix/build/syscalls.scm        | 37 +++++++++++------
 guix/scripts/package.scm       | 41 ++++++++-----------
 guix/scripts/system/search.scm | 44 +++++++++-----------
 guix/ui.scm                    | 75 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 tests/syscalls.scm             |  5 ++-
 tests/ui.scm                   | 27 +++++++++++-
 6 files changed, 155 insertions(+), 74 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0