Subject: Add info how to deselect secondary selection (Emacs manual)
From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
To: Bug GNU Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 19:59:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Because, if it's "selection", people may think that to deselect all
you need is to click 'mouse-1' somewhere, but it doesn't work, as well
as 'C-g' and it may be confusing.

Therefore please add information about 'M-mouse-1' as a way to
deselect, perhaps somewhere next to the L626-627 or after the
definition of 'M-mouse-1' L607-608 in KILLING.TEXI.

Then update documentation string for 'mouse-start-secondary' with the
same information.

===

Also (because it's the same chapter) in Emacs manual (INFO) "12.3.3
Secondary Selection" description of 'M-mouse-3' could be changed:

FROM
Set the secondary selection, with one end at the position clicked
and the other at the position specified with ‘M-mouse-1’
(‘mouse-secondary-save-then-kill’).  This also puts the selected
text in the kill ring.  A second ‘M-mouse-3’ at the same place
kills the secondary selection just made.

TO
Set the secondary selection, with one end at the position clicked and
the other at the position specified with ‘M-mouse-1’, and put the
selected text in the kill ring (‘mouse-secondary-save-then-kill’).
A second ‘M-mouse-3’ at the same place kills the secondary selection
just made.

Placement of 'mouse-secondary-save-then-kill' will be better, right
now it may confuse people because it stands next to 'M-mouse-1' which
has different command.

S. U.