Subject: Re: bug#35746: Evolution calendar gets the timezone wrong
From: Ben Sturmfels <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>, sirmacik <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 22:27:02 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Marius B. advised that the Evolution timezone issue was addressed in
2a80d9e55299214a3f0b4f585767b4c81c9d5c7d. I hadn't noticed, but can
confirm that my times are now showing up perfectly in Evolution and
Gnome Calendar, yay thanks! Epiphany is also showing the correct
timezone now for me with `new Date().getTimezoneOffset()`.

On Thu, 12 Sep 2019, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> sirmacik <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> This problem seems to be also present also for other programs such as
>> GNU IceCat which reads UTC timezone every time, despite Europe/Warsaw
>> being set in my config.scm.
>
> I can confirm this (it’s not clear that it relates to the
> evolution-data-server issue.)
>
> I vaguely remember that we once had an explanation to the IceCat
> timezone issue but I can no longer find it…  Does it ring a bell to
> anyone reading this?

IceCat and Chromium are still showing UTC for me, so that issue is
clearly not directly related to the now fixed Evolution issue. Will
close this bug report since it's about Evolution.

Regards,
Ben