Subject: 26.1; --with-xwidgets not supported if Emacs build with Motif
From: Vladimir Nikishkin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 23:12:29 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I would like to use xwidget-webkit-browse-url like described in the
Emacs manual node 31.12.2, but Emacs compiled with Motif cannot use
them.  Is it possible to do something about it?

I believe, a Motif-based webkit(or mozilla gecko?) module doesn't
 exist, although if it existed, perhaps it would make more sense
 to use it rather than a gtk widget. (If a motif-based widget
 exists, I wonder if a patch implementing it would be
 accepted if contributed?)

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu, Motif Version 2.3.8)
 of 2019-02-22 built on delllaptop.lockywolf.net
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
Recent messages:
(x-dnd-init-frame)
Found ‘after-make-frame-functions’ in Index.  (Only match)
Making completion list...
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.
user-error: Your Emacs was not compiled with xwidgets support
Setting up indent for shell type bash
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
When done with a buffer, type C-x #
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --program-prefix= --program-suffix= --mandir=/usr/man
 --infodir=/usr/info --without-gconf --with-modules --with-kerberos
 --with-kerberos5 --with-hesiod --with-x --with-x-toolkit=motif
 --build=x86_64-slackware-linux 'CFLAGS=-O2 -fPIC''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MOTIF X11
MODULES THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=SCIM
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-highlight-changes-mode: t
  highlight-changes-visible-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-layout-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail vc-git sh-script executable
term/xterm xterm xwidget browse-url bookmark savehist debug finder
lisp-mnt apropos mm-archive message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream starttls url-http tls
gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap epg pp cl-print ps-samp zeroconf dbus xml printing doc-view
jka-compr image-mode ps-mode smie comint ansi-color hanja-util misearch
multi-isearch dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs ps-print ps-print-loaddefs
ps-def lpr tabify handwrite time-stamp pcase egg ring derived diff-mode
easy-mmode ffap egg-git egg-const egg-base ediff-merg ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff egg-custom
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree time-date
flycheck-plantuml plantuml-mode thingatpt flycheck cl-extra json map
find-func help-mode rx subr-x dash elec-pair keywiz gamegrid diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs totd s
display-line-numbers disp-table whitespace hilit-chg wid-edit hi-lock
mic-paren edmacro kmacro desktop frameset geiser manoj-dark-theme server
finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting motif x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 507871 43299)
 (symbols 48 39008 3)
 (miscs 40 892 1048)
 (strings 32 127272 11019)
 (string-bytes 1 4829679)
 (vectors 16 46814)
 (vector-slots 8 1673655 104180)
 (floats 8 404 551)
 (intervals 56 28652 216)
 (buffers 992 35))

-- 
--
Vladimir Nikishkin (MiEr, lockywolf)