Subject: 27.0.50; reverse video broken in os/x Mojave
From: David Naumann <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 01:38:46 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I usually start emacs with -rv on command line (in os/x Terminal).
Today I upgraded emacs-app-devel using macports and when I start emacs
it prints a single line "Invalid face: tooltip" and terminates completely.
Starting without -rv seems to work fine.

Previous versions of emacs-app-devel (in December and January) were
working fine.  I'm using devel because of other issues in Mojave.

----------------
In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0, NS appkit-1671.20 Version 10.14.3 (Build 18D109))
 of 2019-02-15 built on mojave.internal.macports.net
Repository revision: 877eba7249d0d352ff489f1fceb8362c08814494
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.3

Recent messages:
Inserted text not folded because that would swallow text
Mark set
Saving file /Users/naumann/reorg/sysadmin.org...
Wrote /Users/naumann/reorg/sysadmin.org
Mark set
Saving file /Users/naumann/reorg/sysadmin.org...
Wrote /Users/naumann/reorg/sysadmin.org
Saving file /Users/naumann/reorg/sysadmin.org...
Wrote /Users/naumann/reorg/sysadmin.org
(No changes need to be saved)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/local --without-dbus --without-gconf
 --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gpm --with-gnutls
 --with-xml2 --with-modules --infodir /opt/local/share/info/emacs
 --with-json --with-ns --with-lcms2 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os
 -isysroot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk
 -arch x86_64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-no_pie
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail magit-utils crm dash cl-extra
help-mode org-agenda vc-filewise vc-rcs org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m elec-pair edmacro kmacro proof-site proof-autoloads
pg-vars org-crypt org-element avl-tree generator org advice org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
time-date noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs epa-file epa
derived epg info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 177766 15268)
 (symbols 48 19785 1)
 (strings 32 63387 9401)
 (string-bytes 1 2166956)
 (vectors 16 32965)
 (vector-slots 8 1123226 228680)
 (floats 8 176 110)
 (intervals 56 906 0)
 (buffers 992 13))