Subject: Confusing manual entry for gexp->file
From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 17:21:20 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

The Guix manual contains the following description of gexp->file:

 -- Monadic Procedure: gexp->file NAME EXP [#:set-load-path? #t]
          [#:module-path %load-path]  [#:splice? #f]  [#:guile
     (default-guile)] Return a derivation that builds a file NAME
     containing EXP. When SPLICE? is true, EXP is considered to be a
     list of expressions that will be spliced in the resulting file.

     When SET-LOAD-PATH? is true, emit code in the resulting file to set
     ‘%load-path’ and ‘%load-compiled-path’ to honor EXP’s imported
     modules. Look up EXP’s modules in MODULE-PATH.

     The resulting file holds references to all the dependencies of EXP
     or a subset thereof.

I do not understand this last sentence.  How can it be a subset?  A
subset of what?  Can this be explained more clearly or removed?

Regards,
Florian