Subject: Re: [bug#34025] [PATCH] Update meson to 0.49.0
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Stuart Dilts <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 20:02:47 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 03:50:58PM -0700, Stuart Dilts wrote:
> * gnu/packages/build-tools.scm: update the version and sha256 hash

Thank you for sending this patch!

We actually already have this change on the 'staging' branch [0], in commit
f06fdbae8d6318fdabf9c1eb686e2bfa2b9ff18a.

Updating meson will trigger a rebuild of all the packages that use the
meson-build-system.

I'm not sure how to find out exactly how many packages directly and
indirectly depend on the meson-build-system, but since the change was
pushed to the staging branch, it's probably more than 300, which is the
limit for changes on the master branch.

The manual section Submitting Patches describes the guidelines for how
many rebuilds are acceptable on the master, staging, and core-updates
branches:

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

[0] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?h=staging