Subject: 27.0.50; NSM and Emacs locked up
From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:14:09 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

        While starting up Gnus, the NSM presented me with a
        dialog to accept a certicate.  I pressed "s" for
        "Session only" but noyhing happened: the prompt to
        "Continue connectinh?" remained in the echo area.

        I starced" the Emacs process and saw that it was in a
        tight loop printing:

recvmsg(6, {msg_namelen=0}, 0)          = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavai
lable)

        several times a second.

        "C-g" woulf not abort nor allow me to interact with the
        Emacs process.

        Here's some GDB info, if it helps.

        Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 92, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.10)
 of 2018-12-11 built on localhost
Repository revision: 1691a51094d35ac4b2c311fa407c6b77eea7a105
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
System Description: Fedora 24 (Workstation Edition)

Recent messages:
nnimap read 58k from imap.aim.com [2 times]
nnimap read 100k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 215k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 249k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 300k from imap.aim.com
Fetching headers for nnimap+aol:INBOX...done
Scoring...done
Sorting threads...done
Generating summary...done
Auto-saving...

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O0 -ggdb3 -pipe -Wall
 -Werror=format-security -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro --disable-dependency-tracking
 --prefix=/tmp/emacs-27.0-git-master
 --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-lcms2
 --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=yes
 --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-json'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF
XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
JSON LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-desktop-notify-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail qp gnus-ml disp-table
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh nndoc mm-archive timezone url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth url-handlers utf-7 rfc2104 nnfolder cl-extra
help-mode gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp
gnus-desktop-notify easy-mmode notifications dbus xml epa-file nnreddit
mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs url-vars json map gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap cl sieve sieve-mode
sieve-manage sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain advice nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib nnoo
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch elec-pair
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 29541489 84991)
 (symbols 48 127374 53)
 (strings 32 120754 10407)
 (string-bytes 1 4182090)
 (vectors 16 28525)
 (vector-slots 8 962575 70118)
 (floats 8 212 495)
 (intervals 56 9198 91)
 (buffers 992 40)
 (heap 1024 595979 512334))