Subject: Re: [bug#33716] [PATCH staging] gnu: mesa: Update to 18.3.1.
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: Rutger Helling <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:02:36 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Rutger Helling <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hey Guix,
>
> Here's a Mesa update for the just released 18.3.1 version. Not sure
> whether or not I'm too late for the staging branch. If I am this can
> wait until the next staging branch.

Thanks!  I've pushed this patch on your behalf and started the 'staging'
jobset on Hydra, with a small change...

> Two things to note:
> * While Mesa 18.3.x still builds with LLVM 6 the upcoming 19.0.x series
>   doesn't anymore. For that and performance reasons I decided to add a
>   [email-masked] package for Mesa. I don't know enough about the LLVM stack
>   to upgrade it entirely, so this is kind of a workaround.

LLVM 7 is a heavy dependency, so I opted to drop it since it is not
required.  Feel free to add the LLVM@7 variant on 'master' in the mean
time -- it would be good to make it the default in the next staging
cycle.  Did you try upgrading Clang as well?

> * Since Mesa 18.3 works with Python 3 I've replaced the Python 2
>   dependencies with Python 3 ones.

Great, thanks for keeping up with Mesa development!