Subject: 27.0.50; text-quoting-style
From: Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 12:58:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

There is no option to disable quote substitution in format-message.  In
other words, there should be a value for text-quoting-style for which
the following assertion does not fail:

(let* (;(text-quoting-style '<something>)
       (x "'`´‘’‚“”„")
       (y (format-message x)))
  (cl-assert (equal x y)))

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2018-08-23 built on caladan
Repository revision: a4a3c92e9de59bd0251f36326375cce898919edc
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11902000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-xpm=no --with-gif=no --with-tiff=no --with-jpeg=no
 --without-pop'

Configured features:
PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix