Subject: 26; (elisp) `Indirect Buffers': `clone-indirect-buffer'
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 15:25:44 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The doc of `clone-indirect-buffer' is incorrect.  It implies that the
new, indirect buffer, is not displayed when the command is invoked
interactively.

The doc string is correct.  Please correct the manual similarly.  The
statement of the second sentence here, from the doc string is missing
from the manual:

 DISPLAY-FLAG non-nil means show the new buffer with 'pop-to-buffer'.
 This is always done when called interactively.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

(One might wonder why non-nil, instead of nil, was chosen to show the
buffer, since that's the default interactive behavior - but it's too
late now.)

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2018-04-10
Repository revision: c267421647510319d2a70554e42f0d1c394dba0a
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''