Subject: [PATCH 0/6] gnu: Add opencl related packages.
From: Fis Trivial <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 19:46:15 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

These patches add basic support for opencl. As noted in the new file
opencl.scm, tests can't enabled by now. For the future, maybe we can
patch the build system to make test targets installable so that people
with right tools can help testing. Or maybe there are some other ways
that we can modify the build environment for testing. But that's another
day's problem. :)

Although testing with packages' unit tests are not enabled. I tried to
test them outside the store by simple hello world program, they works
fine on my hardware.

To make thing a little comfortable, I packaged clinfo, which is a little
tool for displaying OpenCL platforms and device information by calling
OpenCL host functions. If it works on your device, then at least you can
confirm the corresponding implementation is not completely broken.

Environment variable `OPENCL_VENDOR_PATH` is used to guide `ocl-icd`
loading needed OpenCL implementation library. You need to source it in
your profile before you try to use any of the implementation.

I wrapped clinfo, notes are put in the package definition.

fis (6):
  gnu: Add opencl-headers.
  gnu: Add opencl-clhpp.
  gnu: Add ocl-icd.
  gnu: Add beignet.
  gnu: Add clinfo.
  gnu: Add pocl.

 gnu/local.mk                                     |   2 +
 gnu/packages/opencl.scm                          | 327 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/patches/beignet-correct-paths.patch |  41 +++
 3 files changed, 370 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/opencl.scm
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/beignet-correct-paths.patch

-- 
2.14.3