Subject: 26.1; flyspell highlighting for all misspelled words vanishes after adding a word to dictionary
From: emacs user <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 10:58:33 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, I am encountering the problem described in

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/30653/flyspells-highlight-cleared-after-a-save-word-action

to quote from there:

After running flyspell-buffer, all misspelled words are highlighted.
However, after saving a word, all of the highlighting is gone. How can
I avoid that?

this has been a problem for a while now for me, in different emacs versions.

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mac --enable-mac-app=/Users/build/emacs-mac-build
--prefix=/Users/build/emacs-mac-build --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mac-mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822
mml mml-sec gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils noutline
outline epa-file epa epg dired-aux texmathp goto-addr flyspell
misearch multi-isearch jka-compr elec-pair cl-extra help-mode vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode ruby-mode smie ffap thingatpt bbdb bbdb-site
timezone exec-path-from-shell cl auto-capitalize dired-efap finder-inf
tex-site info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse url-vars
em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups
eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util ferret derived server dired-x
delsel rect ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util ediff dired dired-loaddefs ispell ido seq
desktop frameset fortran cus-edit edmacro kmacro tramp-cache tramp-sh
saveplace recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu time image-file
cus-start cus-load tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
format-spec advice auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs
cl-lib password-cache mule-util time-date tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/mac-win
mac-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue mac multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 416288 32394)
 (symbols 48 39650 2)
 (miscs 40 150 719)
 (strings 32 106372 8917)
 (string-bytes 1 3474231)
 (vectors 16 55188)
 (vector-slots 8 1038068 25784)
 (floats 8 128 252)
 (intervals 56 677 184)
 (buffers 992 17))