Subject: Re: [bug#31334] [PATCH] gnome: add ghex
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: "Jovany Leandro G.C" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 22:54:40 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Jovany,

"Jovany Leandro G.C" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 476080edc1a77de4380b3c08d3d82b6d06b5107b Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: "Jovany Leandro G.C" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 09:50:57 -0500
> Subject: [PATCH] gnome: add ghex
>
> ---
>  gnu/packages/gnome.scm | 44 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  1 file changed, 44 insertions(+)

I ended up modifying the package definition more than I was hoping for
;-) and I just pushed it:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=312afa7d563302da41ca7be862c7ce2e00acc7b5

Essentially I changed it to use a tarball from gnome.org instead of a
Git commit, which in turn meant we could remove the dependency on
Autoconf & co., added a missing input that allows “make check” to pass,
an adjusted the synopsis/description.

Thank you,
Ludo’.