Subject: Re: bug#30904: 26.0.91; tramp.el: Outdated docstring of tramp-dissect-file-name
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:06:36 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 27.1

Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Pierre,

> I think we should mention DOMAIN and PORT in the dissect function docstring.
> The code actually handles them.

Thanks for the report. I've fixed this in both Emacs and Tramp
repositories, master branch.

I do not want to commit this to the emacs-26 branch just now, short
before the Emacs 26.1 release. It is not critical.

I have fixed this also in the Tramp repository, branch-2-3-stable. This
will be merged into the Emacs repository, emacs-26 branch, after Emacs
26.1 is out. So it will appear also in a later Emacs 26.2.

Closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.