Subject: 27.0.50; dired-create-destination-dirs doesn't work when renaming more than one file
From: Amos Bird <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 10:29:09 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm using emacs 27.0.50 and have dired-create-destination-dirs set 
to 'always.
When renaming more than one files to a new directory, dired throws 
an error at
/usr/local/share/emacs/27.0.50/lisp/dired-aux.el.gz:1891 . It 
fails early before
it has time to check whether a new directory should be created.

regards,

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.22.27)
 of 2018-02-14 built on t450s
Repository revision: 298275c595f6ca9e77f8131d34dda2b58fe1faa5
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11906000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Checking 4 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/vimish-fold-20171231.2212...
Checking 4 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/yapfify-20180105.1447...
Checking 4 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/fcitx-20170913.1900...
Checking 20 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/multiple-cursors-20170908.1452...
Checking 4 files in 
/home/amos/.emacs.d/.local/packages/elpa/opencl-mode-20170816.549...
Checking for load-path shadows...done
Error during redisplay: (eval (doom-modeline-format--main)) 
signaled (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [4 times]
Auto-saving...
Error during redisplay: (eval (doom-modeline-format--main)) 
signaled (wrong-type-argument stringp nil) [2 times]
Buffer *unsent mail to bug-gnu-emacs* modified; kill anyway? (y or 
n) y
dired-do-create-files: Marked Move: target must be a directory: 
/home/amos/git/ccutils/ffffff/
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL 
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT
LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD 
JSON LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  company-statistics-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-mode: t
  evil-snipe-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-local-mode: t
  realign-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  evilified-leader-override-mode: t
  global-evilified-leader-override-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  dired-omit-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  global-narrow-reindent-mode: t
  narrow-reindent-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(pp shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cc-playground time-stamp 
modern-cpp-font-lock url-http url-gw
gravatar url-cache bug-reference texmathp unfill preview prv-emacs 
tex-buf company-auctex
company-lua company-lsp company-quickhelp company-statistics 
company-yasnippet company-ispell
company-dabbrev company-capf company reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex 
reftex-loaddefs reftex-vars
font-latex smartparens-latex latex tex-ispell tex-style tex 
latexenc view dired-aux sort tramp
trampver tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs ucs-normalize parse-time 
auto-compile packed rainbow-delimiters
highlight-quoted highlight-numbers parent-mode ace-link avy 
disp-table eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree magit-svn evil-magit 
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes 
magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-collab ghub url-auth 
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf mailcap magit-files 
magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode 
magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-process magit-margin magit-mode git-commit magit-git 
magit-section magit-utils crm magit-popup
log-edit message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config 
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 
mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log 
with-editor async-bytecomp smex ido
shrink-path vc-git diff-mode yasnippet elec-pair hl-todo 
smartparens-lua lua-mode editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch colir all-the-icons 
all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons 
data-alltheicons memoize persistent-soft
list-utils pcache eieio-base font-utils evil-vimish-fold 
vimish-fold f winner paren doom-themes-org
doom-themes-neotree doom-one-theme evil-escape evil-snipe 
nav-flash pulse warnings realign-mode
face-remap saveplace recentf tree-widget wid-edit 
smartparens-config smartparens-text
smartparens-markdown smartparens solaire-mode cquery cquery-tree 
cquery-codelens
cquery-semantic-highlighting cquery-common cc-mode cc-fonts 
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs lsp-ui lsp-ui-doc markdown-mode 
noutline outline lsp-ui-imenu
lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-imenu imenu 
lsp-mode network-stream puny nsm rmc
starttls tls gnutls lsp-methods inline lsp-io lsp-notifications 
lsp-common url-util kurecolor
rainbow-mode color dired-ranger bind-map autoinsert 
page-break-lines helm-make helm helm-source
eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib async ag vc-svn find-dired 
s hl-line+ hl-line ivy-rich
dired-open dired-hacks-utils dired-x dired-quick-sort savehist 
ls-lisp ws-butler xt-mouse
evil-terminal-cursor-changer evil-textobj-line git-gutter fcitx 
dbus xml narrow-reindent osc
browse-url perl6-detect flycheck-ledger fringe-helper 
flycheck-pos-tip pos-tip flycheck find-func
dash tex-site unicode-fonts let-alist evil-anzu anzu eldoc-eval 
derived doom-themes
doom-themes-common counsel-projectile projectile grep ibuf-ext 
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs counsel
dired dired-loaddefs compile esh-util etags ivy-xref xref project 
swiper ivy delsel ivy-overlay ffap
persp-mode cl time-date evil evil-integration evil-maps 
evil-commands reveal flyspell ispell
evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex 
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove 
thingatpt rect evil-digraphs
evil-vars server core core-keybinds hydra ring lv which-key advice 
core-projects core-editor
undo-tree diff editorconfig rx autorevert filenotify core-popups 
edmacro kmacro shackle trace
core-ui cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure 
use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core easy-mmode 
autoloads core-os core-lib pcase subr-x
finder-inf package easymenu url-handlers url-parse auth-source 
cl-seq eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars seq byte-opt 
bytecomp byte-compile cconv
core-packages cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util china-util 
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win 
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment 
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select 
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame 
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese 
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese 
composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray 
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties 
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote 
dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting 
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1088997 459602)
 (symbols 48 66787 141)
 (miscs 40 1354 3276)
 (strings 32 291164 33158)
 (string-bytes 1 14013832)
 (vectors 16 101437)
 (vector-slots 8 2423876 103126)
 (floats 8 953 3028)
 (intervals 56 39806 7836)
 (buffers 992 89))

--
Amos Bird
[email-masked]