Subject: file-notify-test03-events sometimes fails
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 23:11:17 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Severity: minor
Version: 26.0.90

Current emacs-26 branch on RHEL 7.4, using -lglibc (inotify).
I've several times had the following odd-looking failure of
file-notify-test03-events during "make -j8 check".
Resembles https://debbugs.gnu.org/26126 ?

Running 8 tests (2018-01-09 20:03:51-0800)
Library: `inotify'
   passed  1/8  file-notify-test00-availability
   passed  2/8  file-notify-test01-add-watch
   passed  3/8  file-notify-test02-rm-watch
Test file-notify-test03-events backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (string-prefix-p (file-notify--even
  ert-fail(((should (string-prefix-p (file-notify--event-watched-file 
  (progn (ert-fail (car (cdr (progn (or (and (memq (type-of result) cl
  (if (and (memq (type-of result) cl-struct-ert-test-failed-tags) t) (
  (let ((result (car --dolist-tail--))) (if (and (memq (type-of result
  (while --dolist-tail-- (let ((result (car --dolist-tail--))) (if (an
  (let ((--dolist-tail-- file-notify--test-results)) (while --dolist-t
  (let* ((events (if (consp (car (cond ((string-equal (file-notify--te
  (progn (if (string-equal (file-notify--test-library) "kqueue") nil (
  (unwind-protect (progn (if (string-equal (file-notify--test-library)
  (closure (t) nil (let* ((fn-132 (function file-notify--test-local-en
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name file-notify-test03-events :documentat
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or (tag :expensi
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/filenotify-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test file-notify-test03-events condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (string-prefix-p
	(file-notify--event-watched-file file-notify--test-event)
	(file-notify--event-file-name file-notify--test-event)))
      :form
      (string-prefix-p "/tmp/file-notify-testgqbQAt" "/tmp/signed-bad.elcBJAl1B")
      :value nil))
   FAILED  4/8  file-notify-test03-events
Reverting buffer `file-notify-testUYUt9m'.
Reverting buffer `file-notify-testUYUt9m'.
   passed  5/8  file-notify-test04-autorevert
   passed  6/8  file-notify-test05-file-validity
   passed  7/8  file-notify-test06-dir-validity
   passed  8/8  file-notify-test08-backup

Ran 8 tests, 7 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2018-01-09 20:04:04-0800)

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  file-notify-test03-events