Subject: openrct2 cannot find data-path
From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 23:38:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The recently committed (and awesome) openrct2 built correctly,
but cannot currently find the needed language and shader files
for the game and therefore crashes. To make it work, I currently
have to invoke it via a command like
`--openrct-data-path=/gnu/store/<hash>-openrct2-0.1.1/share/openrct2/',
which imho is not optimal.

I dove into the source of openrct, and it seems there are still
some vestiges of the cmake flag we want, namely
ORCT2_RESOURCE_DIR. Sadly, support for configuring this variable
seems to have been removed about 4 months ago.

I opened an issue upstream regarding this[1], but maybe there is
an easy workaround we can use until a fix is hopefully released.
I was thinking of either a phase which calls `wrap-program', or
adding the required flag back via a short snippet.

- Jelle

[1]: https://github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/6473

p.s. Besides these rather small issues, I can confirm that OpenRCT2
works.