Subject: 25.1; Dired+ not copy file to nonexistent directory.
From: "alexei28" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 13:54:45 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

Windows 10, Emacs 25.1, Dired+

I want to copy file from "d:/TEMP/test/test.txt" to nonexistent directory
"d:/TEMP/test/new/" in tby package Dired+

My steps in Dired+ buffer:

1. Run command "split-window-vertically"

2. In top and bottom buffers has directory "d:/TEMP/test/"

3. Press "Shift c" (copy file)

4. In minibuffer show message: "Copy text.txt to : d:/TEMP/test/"

5. I replace target path by: "d:/TEMP/test/new/test.txt" and press return

6. I get the next error message:

Copy 'd:/TEMP/test/test.txt' to 'd:/TEMP/test/new/test.txt' failed:

(file-error Copying file Operation not permitted d:/TEMP/test/test.txt
d:/TEMP/test/new/test.txt)

It would be good if Emacs can autocreate not exist directory when copy/move
files.

Thank you.

Alex