Subject: Re: bug#28284: GCC 4.7.4 fails to build since April 2017
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Cc: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 22:07:53 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ludovic Courtès writes:

>> I was working on the $ORIGIN stuff inside (a copy of) the gcc-4.7.4
>> builder -- that code is of course (re)used by all other gcc packages.
>
> Though the $ORIGIN stuff is separate, right?  Will be nice to have.

Sure, i figure this will take some time to get in if at all.  We'll have
to see what the pros and cons are.  Different story/thread.

>> From 22d5353991784409e3a8e671611c5ccff3ff7b68 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>> From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 22:50:05 +0100
>> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: gcc-4.7: Resurrect building with gcc-5.4.0.
>>
>> * gnu/packages/patches/gcc-4-compile-with-gcc-5.patch: New file.
>> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Add it.
>> * gnu/packages/gcc.scm (gcc-4.7): Use it.
>
> Go for it!

Pushed to master as 625492ee1a5a8e515b97d4b76734584c1b420243

janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com