Subject: Re: bug#28232: openvpn service configuration fails by default
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: charly bion <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 18:46:01 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

charly bion <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Backtrace: 
> In srfi/srfi-1.scm: 
> 592:29 19 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type nscd 3a8acc0?> ?)) 
> 592:29 18 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type guix 3a8ac00?> ?)) 
> 592:29 17 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type urandom-seed?> ?)) 
> 592:29 16 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type syslog 3a8ac?> ?)) 
> 592:29 15 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type static-netwo?> ?)) 
> 592:29 14 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 13 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 12 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 11 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 10 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 9 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 3a2?> ?)) 
> 592:29 8 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type console-font?> ?)) 
> 592:17 7 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type openvpn-clie?> ?)) 
> In gnu/services/vpn.scm: 
> 409:24 6 (_ #<<openvpn-client-configuration> openvpn: #<package ?>) 
> 379:9 5 (openvpn-config-file client #<<openvpn-client-configura?>) 
> In ice-9/ports.scm: 
> 549:4 4 (call-with-output-string _) 
> 473:4 3 (with-output-to-port _ _) 
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm: 
> 268:13 2 (for-each #<procedure 534a100 at gnu/services/configur?> ?) 
> In gnu/services/vpn.scm: 
> 112:19 1 (serialize-tls-auth client #f) 
> In unknown file: 
> 0 (string-append #f " " "1") 
>
> ERROR: In procedure string-append: 
> ERROR: In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string): #f 
>
>
>
> To have this error, I tried do build a vm-image using the openvpn service: 
> (service openvpn-client-service-type 
> (openvpn-client-configuration 
> (proto 'tcp) 
> (ca "ca.crt") 
> (cert "client.crt") 
> (key "client.key") 
> )) 

This was fixed on Oct. 9th with commit
4b8b4418e609b5e0bfb6efbc11ac28deaa437e80.

Thanks,
Ludo’.