Subject: Guix snapshot version in the download URL
From: Ben Woodcroft <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 20:38:17 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

At 
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Binary-Installation 
the binary download link is

|ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-binary-0.13.0.314-a8d0c.system.tar.xz|

|Unfortunately, this link does not exist even after the system is 
replaced with the correct string. The '||.314-a8d0c' needs to be 
removed. The relevant section in doc/guix.texi is:|

|Download the binary tarball from
@indicateurl{ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-binary-@value{VERSION}.@var{system}.tar.xz},
where @var{system} is @code{x86_64-linux} for an @code{x86_64} machine
already running the kernel Linux, and so on.
|

|Is there some way to replace VERSION with the stable version?|

|Thanks, ben
|