Subject: Failed building dependencies for guix.
From: Fis Trivial <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 03:55:25 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I failed building the dependencies for guix with `guix environment guix`.

The command failed when doing in clean bash environment, but success in
normal environment. Which means, doing:

$ guix environment guix

will success.

But failed with `env -i bash --norc --noprofile --login` added, which
would success at before.

I'm running guix on top of Fedora 27.

$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 4.15.17-300.fc27.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Apr 12 18:19:17 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

guix version:
$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 0.14.0-11.ab85cf7
Copyright (C) 2018 the Guix authors
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

Use following steps to reproduce:
$ env -i bash --norc --noprofile --login
$ guix environment guix

Error message:

The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/c53mj37x2dnrgmrpagpv9l5c2ghly2hy-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/vpvx01j2qs31lfix131n1akwdjwf5s4z-xdg-desktop-database.drv
   /gnu/store/hr8xa2inki6lfbn8v9jfgmygbxygszs2-xdg-mime-database.drv
   /gnu/store/5y6mkv079xq5hnfajxfwky0kfc6ffy3p-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/95glrzk2y6p6b3z7hlmdignzzvxjvi2r-manual-database.drv
Backtrace:
          10 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/mpy5w5gprs1ymrl3kwhqwr2jvnk?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   721:20  9 (primitive-eval (begin (use-modules (guix build #) ?) ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
  1235:36  8 (expand-top-sequence ((begin (use-modules (# # ?) ?) ?)) ?)
  1182:24  7 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
  1182:24  6 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) ((top) #(# # ?)) ?)
   285:10  5 (parse _ (("placeholder" placeholder)) (()) _ c&e (eval) ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  3365:20  4 (process-use-modules _)
   222:17  3 (map1 (((guix build utils)) ((srfi srfi-1)) ((srfi ?)) ?))
  3366:31  2 (_ ((guix build utils)))
   2791:6  1 (resolve-interface _ #:select _ #:hide _ #:prefix _ # _ ?)
In unknown file:
           0 (scm-error misc-error #f "~A ~S" ("no code for modu?" ?) ?)

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
no code for module (guix build utils)
builder for `/gnu/store/5y6mkv079xq5hnfajxfwky0kfc6ffy3p-info-dir.drv' failed with exit code 1
cannot build derivation `/gnu/store/c53mj37x2dnrgmrpagpv9l5c2ghly2hy-profile.drv': 1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix environment: error: build failed: build of `/gnu/store/c53mj37x2dnrgmrpagpv9l5c2ghly2hy-profile.drv' failed