Subject: 25.2: gud.el: wrong menu :visible for pdb
From: "Charles A. Roelli" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 20:33:26 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The "stop" entry in `gud-menu-map' (line 158):

     ([stop]	menu-item "Stop" gud-stop-subjob
		  :visible (or (not (memq gud-minor-mode '(gdbmi pdb)))
			       (gdb-show-stop-p)))

has a :visible entry that calls `gdb-show-stop-p' if `gud-minor-mode' is 
either
`gdbmi' or `pdb'.  This function is only related to gdb and isn't loaded 
by running
just pdb, so it can cause an error during redisplay (but interestingly,
it doesn't seem to happen all the time while running pdb -- or maybe the 
error is
caught somehow).

Does anyone understand why this check for pdb is here?  It seems to be a 
mistake,
but it has been there for more than 7 years...

Otherwise, could someone please remove the check for pdb?  Thanks.