Subject: Re: bug#26515: Acknowledgement ([PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-calfw.)
From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
To: Vasile Dumitrascu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 12:20:52 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Vasile Dumitrascu (2017-04-15 14:37 +0000) wrote:

>    Hi
>
> I have added a small correction on the homepage for calfw, as I forgot
> to update the Url from the code stub I have used.

Applied¹, thanks!  Next time, if you have corrections to your original
patch, please send an updated patch instead of the new patch build on
top of the original one.

Note that "guix lint emacs-calfw" reports:

  gnu/packages/emacs.scm:1200:5: [email-masked]: the source file name should contain the package name

This means the source origin should contain:

  (file-name (string-append name "-" version ".tar.gz"))

Otherwise, the downloaded tarball will have the following name in the
store (this is often the case with github tagged releases):

   /gnu/store/...-v1.5.tar.gz

while we prefer

   /gnu/store/...-emacs-calfw-1.5.tar.gz

Finally, I see that for some additional features, this package require
'howm' and 'google-maps' emacs packages, so these features won't work;
but you probably know about it.

¹ http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=36890436710032d6c731e31becf6a5bd7aa4afaf

-- 
Alex