Subject: 25.1; Incorrect doc string for `delete-selection-mode'
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 08:24:39 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The doc string says this:

 If called from Lisp, enable the mode if ARG is omitted or nil.

That is completely wrong.  This is an ordinary minor mode, defined using
`define-minor-mode', whose doc string says this:

 When called from Lisp, the mode command toggles the mode if the
 argument is ‘toggle’, disables the mode if the argument is a
 non-positive integer, and enables the mode otherwise (including
 if the argument is omitted or nil or a positive integer).

E.g., `(delete-selection-mode t)' ENABLES the mode, even though the
`delete-selection-mode' doc string says that it DISABLES it.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-09-17 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-static'