Subject: 24.5; doc string of `Info-history'
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 08:39:13 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The doc string of `Info-find-emacs-command-nodes' refers you to variable
`Info-history' for the format of the locations.

But the doc for `Info-history' says nothing about FILENAME, NODENAME,
and BUFFERPOS.

Instead, those are described in `Info-find-emacs-command-nodes'.

Something is backwards here, and/or missing.  Why refer to "the format
used in the variable `Info-history' if consulting that variable tells
you less about the format that what you are told before sending you
there?

Also, the language in the last sentence of the doc string for
`Info-find-emacs-command-nodes' is not so good.  I'm guessing that
this might be what is really meant:

 ", where BUFFERPOS is the line number
 of the first element of the returned list (which is treated specially
 in `Info-goto-emacs-command-node'), and 0 for the other elements of
 the list."

But why the parenthetical remark, and what it really means, I have
no idea.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-04-11 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr --host=i686-pc-mingw32'