Subject: 26.0.50; *Help* buffer turns single-quote into goofy useless Unicode thing
From: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 21:05:07 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

$ emacs -Q
  M-x load-library RET subr-x RET
  C-h f read-multiple-choice RET
  C-x o
  M->
  C-x e

I see Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable ’)

I was expecting the example code to execute so I could learn about the new
function read-multiple-choice.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.1.0, NS appkit-1504.60
Version 10.12.1 (Build 16B2555))
 of 2016-12-03 built on Eric-Hanchrows-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: a486fabb41cdbaa5813c2687fd4008945297d71d
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Recent messages:
Char: ’ (8217, #o20031, #x2019, file ...) point=213 of 307 (69%) column=22
Continue connecting? (always, session only, no, ?):
(115 "session only")
next-line: End of buffer
Continue connecting? (always, session only, no, ?):
(115 "session only" "wassup homies")
Mark set
uncompressing subr-x.el.gz...done
read-multiple-choice
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  projectile-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/erichanchrow/.emacs.d/elpa/shorten-20150306.517/shorten hides
/Users/erichanchrow/.emacs.d/elpa/tracking-20151129.319/shorten
/Users/erichanchrow/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.19/seq hides
/Users/erichanchrow/git-repositories/3rd-party/emacs-master/nextstep/Emacs-master.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug jka-compr descr-text eieio-opt speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch view projectile
auto-complete popup cider-debug cider-scratch cider-mode cider-browse-ns
cider-inspector cider-interaction arc-mode archive-mode cider-repl
cider-resolve cider-eldoc cider-test cider-overlays cider-stacktrace
apropos cider-doc org-table org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
cider-grimoire cider-client nrepl-client queue spinner cider-popup
cider-common cider-util clojure-mode nrepl-dict cider-compat gh-users
gh-pulls gh-issues gh-repos gh-comments gh-gist gh-oauth gh-api logito
gh-cache pcache gh-auth gh-url timezone eieio-base find-file inf-haskell
haskell-decl-scan haskell haskell-completions haskell-load
haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox
haskell-repl haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-collapse haskell-navigate-imports
haskell-compile haskell-process haskell-session haskell-hoogle
haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-compat haskell-complete-module
haskell-ghc-support noutline outline dabbrev haskell-customize
ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util ediff magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core magit-autorevert magit-process
magit-mode magit-popup magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils
git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp
skeleton faceup racket-unicode-input-method quail racket-mode
racket-bug-report racket-collection racket-profile racket-imenu
racket-edit imenu hideshow racket-complete racket-repl racket-common
racket-indent racket-font-lock racket-keywords-and-builtins tq
racket-util racket-custom sh-script smie executable conf-mode align term
disp-table ehelp esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util server smtpmail sendmail
dired-aux async tempo ispell company-dabbrev company-template delsel
ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt color ert ewoc debug warnings autoload
lisp-mnt tar-mode mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
network-stream starttls url-http tls gnutls mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw
nsm url-cache url-auth savehist elisp-slime-nav bookmark edit-list pp
yasnippet highlight-indentation flymake company help-fns radix-tree elpy
pyvenv elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete advice files-x etags xref project cus-edit
cus-start cus-load browse-kill-ring eww puny mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap shr svg
xml dom subr-x browse-url format-spec ag vc-svn find-dired ws-butler wat
derived autorevert filenotify hl-line recentf tree-widget wid-edit ido
vc-git diff-mode ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs ibuf-macs dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs grep compile comint ansi-color ring find-func
face-remap cl edmacro kmacro use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode
finder-inf gh-common gh-profile s marshal eieio-compat ht json map dash
go-mode-autoloads info package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib rx time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1485465 71333)
 (symbols 48 80135 3)
 (miscs 40 246 1645)
 (strings 32 279738 3695)
 (string-bytes 1 6897038)
 (vectors 16 98672)
 (vector-slots 8 2265152 46582)
 (floats 8 1199 849)
 (intervals 56 120233 163)
 (buffers 976 36))