Subject: System installer grows brittle as substitutes for the release disappear
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 21:30:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Heya,

Reviving an old bug…

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Based on that, it looks like we garbage collected the substitutes for
> the 0.11.0 release to make space for new ones, which is too bad, but
> hopefully not a permament limitation. We have a new machine for our
> build farm front-end currently being installed and tested, and that
> server should have a great deal more storage.

Commit 4e854b1814a9216ae7cc90aef4d82fd989a519c3 added the whole
bare-bones OS as a dependency of the installation image.  Thus,
everything bare-bones depends on is included in the image.

This should ensure that at least key store items are already available
in the image.

Infrastructure-wise, the situation has also improved I think, and is
getting better with berlin.guixsd.org.

I think we can close this bug.  Let’s reopen it if I turned out to be
too optimistic.

Ludo’.